24/12/2009

It's my birthday today and it would appear that, against all the odds, I've reached the ripe old age of 45...

f%&k!

I'm guessing most folk reflect back on the last twelve months at new years. I get to do it a few days early, what with my birthday being on Christmas Eve an' all. 45... 45... no matter how many times I say it, it just doesn't seem... I don't know what I'm trying to say here. I never had a problem with turning 40 so why the issue with 45? Perhaps it's because the year started out with so much promise. I'd discovered Green Door and I'd begun to produce work that I was actually proud to put my name to. I even sold a few pieces early on. I was to be included in a book that was to be sent out to agency's around the country. There were communications with someone who wanted to sell by work through their new web site. My work was to be on permanent display as part of an ongoing show.

But mid year, everything started to go tit's up. My office announced that it was moving so my visits to the studio were looking in doubt (it's still ify on that front). There has been no news or further developments on either the book or the new web site. The Café Zen exhibit folded early because of problems with the owner. And, probably worst of all, I feel like all the drive that I'd had at the beginning of the year has deserted me.

Roll on 2010. Perhaps I'll get my mojo back then.

1 comment:

Bjornik said...

Hey Mick, belated happy birthday! It was a tough year for you, I just wish 2010 has something more to offer. You made it last year, there's no reason why you can't now! Good luck and I hope to see new work uploaded to this blog soon.;)