27/11/2009

It's been a little over a year since I began to take my print making seriously, due in no small part to the discovery of Green Door print making studio. If I can I'll spend a day a week there executing work that I've spent the intervening days working on. It was a case of being in the right lace at the right time, although it had taken me years to stumble upon this great space. Now, it seems, things are starting to unravel.

All the work that I've put into these short months might have been for nought. The organisation that I work for is moving office in January, and although this is just a few miles away, the combination of my current work pattern and having to rely on public transport might mean that I have to give up my mid week day off.

I'm gutted. I'm doing everything in my power to avoid giving up on my dream of being able to support myself from my art. I'm forty five, for fucks sake...time's running out.

I could get another job, but let's face it, who's going to employ a guy who's just pushed buttons for the last twenty years?

I have a small studio at home but it's nowhere big enough to print in.

I don't know what I'll do If I lose this...this last chance.

No comments: