07/08/2009

I read comics.

Yes, I'm in my 40's but don't hold that against me. It's a visual thing I guess. The words and pictures just fit, you know? I've been reading them since I was a kid. In fact it's where I get my 'talents' from. I used to copy the characters, over and over, until I could do it blind folded. These were American Super Hero comics, not the Beano and Dandy types that we had in the UK (or Great Britain, as it was in those days, before the E.U. but don't get me started). Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, John Romita, Neil Adams, George Perez and more. Legends in their own lunch time. My heroes. The people that I wanted to be like.

That didn't happen but I kept on reading. And my tastes these days are many and varied. I have a particular fancy for web comics. Easy to get hold of, great reads and cheap if not free, which is always a bonus. In particular I visit these guys regularly.

I stumbled upon Transmission X a while back and I'm an avid fan of Cameron Stewarts Sin Titulo. Michael Cho's paper cuts is also worth a look. He has a nice retro style to his work that I realy like.

Why do I bring this up? Well, I'm working on a couple of things myself and I'm hoping to post a few samples here sometime. We'll see.

No comments: